top of page

To Hire or Not to Hire, That is the Question.

People frequently come to me with questions about minor motor vehicle summonses.  More often than not, I advise these people that it is not worth their while to hire me.  Most low-level violations can be paid online at:*/!STANDARD?AppName=NJMC&fromBrowserHistory=true

This saves you the time and inconvenience of going to court and the expense of hiring an attorney.  If you are charged with an equipment violation such as Obstructed Windshield, N.J.S.A. 39:3-74, or a credential violation, such as Failure to Exhibit Documents, N.J.S.A. 39:3-29, these do not carry motor vehicle points.  If you are charged with a moving violation such as Careless Driving, N.J.S.A. 39:4-97 or Speeding 1 – 14 miles over the speed limit, N.J.S.A. 39:4-98, same carry only two points.  You can save yourself the time and expense of going to court and hiring an attorney by paying the summons (assuming no court appearance is required). You can eliminate the two points by taking an online defensive driving course.  The link is:

Please note that not every case is the same and this is only general information.  If you have a lot of points and are close to being suspended, if there was an accident or any other serious circumstance regarding your alleged infraction, it is always best to consult with an experienced municipal court lawyer.  You can always call the office at (732) 750-4600 or my cell (732) 558-2019 to discuss the matter.  You can always email me at

51 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page